Lecithin is a naturally occurring compound in many plant foods and some animal foods. The nervous system, heart and kidney tissues all need lecithin to maintain healthy function.
What is Lecithin?
Lecithin is a naturally occurring compound in many plant foods and some animal foods. The liver continually produces lecithin, and its primary role in the body is the breakdown of cholesterol and other fats, as part of normal healthy function, supporting the body maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
Lecithin supplements are a part of the Specialty Supplements range here at HealthPost.
Lecithin contains a collection of lipids including two phospholipids that are essential for the health of every tissue in the body.
- Phosphatidyl choline is an important component of cell membranes and a supportive nutrient for the liver.
- Phosphatidyl serine helps support brain function, supports a healthy mood, and stress response. It supports healthy brain ageing.
The Benefits of Lecithin Supplements
- Supports a healthy nervous system.
- Supports healthy kidney function.
- Supports healthy blood and blood flow via supporting the function of the liver and gallbladder. Take alongside a Blackcurrant supplement to support these actions.
- Supports the body’s natural detoxification capacity.
- Add in some Milk Thistle for liver detox support.